As a Senior Software Developer, you will use your problem-solving skills to write well designed, testable, and efficient code. Together with your team, you will architect new website features and help maintain our existing high-traffic websites.
You’re passionate about building scalable products, adhering to high quality coding standards and being part of a culture that promotes learning and sharing while respecting work-life balance. You enjoy autonomy, and you will have the option to work remotely and/or from our Bedford office.
IS THIS ROLE RIGHT FOR ME?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Work closely with team members to build new websites and website features in diverse markets and tech stacks;
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge sharing such as pair programming;
- Attend regular sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- Work closely with our product, graphic design, SEO and business teams to incubate ideas and then execute to make those ideas a reality;
- Code website front-end user interfaces in a combination of HTML, CSS and JS;
- Code website content management back-ends and user-facing application logic;
- Work with our Quality Assurance team to help automate website and application testing and repetitive development tasks;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards;
- Participate in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 5+ years Professional Software or Website Development experience;
- Experience building websites in WordPress using custom theme and custom plugin development;
- Experience using WordPress methodologies including, but not limited to: custom post types, custom taxonomies, WP Query, shortcodes, Advanced Custom Fields, etc.;
- Experience with configuring WordPress to support multiple languages/locales;
- Experience coding in PHP (object-oriented programming, dependency management, templating engines);
- Experience in front-end web technologies like HTML, CSS, JS;
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Knowledge of how to interact with APIs;
- Experience with database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
Strong consideration will be provided to candidates that also offer the following:
- Experience with other CMS frameworks, such as Drupal;
- Experience with Symfony, Laravel or other PHP-based web frameworks;
- Experience with containerization, e.g. Docker;
- Experience with modern web application structure, e.g. MVC;
- Experience with headless CMS development and deployment;
- Experience with pre-processors such as SASS or task runners such as Gulp or Webpack;
- Interest in task and testing automation;
- Experience with common server administration tasks;
- Experience with website optimization and accessibility;
- Experience with AWS.
THE RESULTA CULTURE
At resulta you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. Resulta offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone – Android or IOS.