The Head of SEO is a crucial leader in the Marketing organization at resulta, consulting on key strategic projects that underpin the company’s growth objectives. This individual will be responsible for leading a team of subject matter experts across SEO to deliver exceptional results in support of organizational objectives.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, energetic leader with diverse management experience and believes strongly in coaching, developing and supporting their teams to constantly improve and deliver the commercial goals of the business
Is this role right for me?
This individual will be responsible for laying out the strategic direction, in collaboration with Business Unit Managers and cross-functional departments, for the company’s SEO function. This person will be responsible for leading a team of highly talented SEO specialists who are tasked with on-page, technical and off-page SEO to ensure we are ultimately optimizing the performance of our clients’ sites.
This person needs to be able to distill vast amounts of information to provide key strategic input to Executive Leadership that deliver against Commercial objectives.
The team is responsible for key SEO workstreams including;
- Keyword research, selection, classification and reporting;
- Competitor gap analysis including link analysis / anchor text distribution
- Weekly site health checks and help identify ongoing action items to improve core keyword ranking over time
- On-page SEO optimization for website meta data, schema, content length, keyword density, page speed etc.;
- Identifying areas for on-site improvements in site structure, internal linking, and content;
- Backlink audits and fixing errors found in Google Search Console;
- Working with Content writers to guide keyword targeting and search intent while mitigating cannibalization and scraping
- Work with Digital Marketing team on various data reporting and analysis requests as well as other internal teams as needed;
- Proactive reporting to Management on the frequent changes in the SEO landscape.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 6+ years working in SEO in a B2C web business;
- Comprehensive understanding of SEO and how it applies to key conversion metrics;
- Proven track record of results with improving search rankings and/or developing and managing website reporting tools e.g. SEMrush, AHREFS, ScreamingFrog, Moz etc.;
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics & Google Search Console;
- Working knowledge of WordPress and/or HTML/CSS;
- Experience compiling multiple data sources into concise and readable reports for executive level management with insights and recommendations;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software applications, advanced Excel is a must;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously within a complex organization;
- Experience leading, coaching and mobilizing teams;
- Excellent negotiation, influence and relationship-building skills;
- Previous marketing agency experience an asset;
- Experience working in affiliate marketing would be considered an asset