As a Software Developer, you will use your development skills to build eye-catching, usable and high-performing websites. Together with your team you will turn designs into WordPress templates and help maintain existing high-traffic web properties. You’re passionate about building user-friendly and performant websites, adhering to high-quality coding standards and being part of a culture that promotes learning and sharing while respecting work-life balance. You enjoy autonomy, and you will have the option to work remotely and/or from our Bedford office.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Work closely with team members to build new websites and website features, primarily in WordPress;
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge sharing such as pair programming;
- Attend regular sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- Work closely with our product, graphic design, SEO and business teams to incubate ideas and then execute to make those ideas a reality;
- Code website front-end user interfaces in a combination of HTML, CSS and JS;
- Code website content management back-ends and user-facing application logic;
- Work with our Quality Assurance team to help automate website and application testing and repetitive development tasks;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards;
- Participate in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 2+ years Professional Software or Website Development experience;
- Experience building websites in WordPress using custom themes and functionality;
- Experience coding in PHP (object-oriented programming, dependency management, templating engines);
- Experience in front-end web technologies like HTML, CSS, JS;
- Experience with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as git.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates that also offer the following:
- Experience with other CMS frameworks, such as Drupal;
- Experience with Symfony, Laravel or other PHP-based web frameworks;
- Experience with containerization, e.g. Docker;
- Experience with modern web application structure, e.g. MVC;
- Experience with headless CMS development and deployment;
- Experience with pre-processors such as SASS or task runners such as Gulp or Webpack;
- Interest in task and testing automation;
- Experience with website optimization and accessibility;
- Experience with AWS.
Resulta offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone – Android or IOS.
If we sound like a great fit, we’d love to hear from you! #Teamresulta is devoted to creating a safe work environment that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and expressions to apply!