The Conversion Analyst is a key member of the Performance Marketing team and reports to the Conversion Specialist. Working closely with Marketing, Sales, Product, Design, and Development - success in this role means you can accelerate the velocity and amplify the value of our performance optimization experimentation lifecycle (concepting, creation, documentation, analysis, reporting, and iteration) across multiple lines of business and web properties. If you are a thinker, a doer, a creative and a problem solver this may be the dynamic challenge you’ve been waiting for.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Facilitate and execute A/B, redirect, multivariate, and personalization experimentation across multiple web properties to increase user satisfaction and business performance;
- Assist the Conversion and Product teams during new builds and re-builds to ensure conversion is at the heart of the project;
- Working with Business Intelligence and other stakeholders, contribute to comprehensive reporting including:
o Assumption documentation, testing and revision;
o Test results and recommendation reports & presentations;
o Multichannel and multi-touchpoint first-purchase-journey metrics from search, to on-site, through to conversion reports;
o Web analytics –insights on traffic variances, interactions & goal completions, audience segments & cohort definitions
o Key business performance and audience segmentation metrics for various properties and lines of business;
o Conversion funnel health/status monitoring and reporting.
- Support the Conversion Team’s role in advising and shaping best practice user experiences as a means to optimize cross-functional campaigns, drawing from your basic knowledge of:
o UI and interaction design principles;
o Usability and accessibility best practices/standards;
o Information Architecture concepting, planning and execution;
o User journeys and touchpoint mapping;
o User Goal to Business Objective Planning & Alignment;
o Familiarity with Business Analysis and Project Management practices;
o Audience targeting and alignment strategies & tactics;
o SEO and writing-for-the-web.
- Support the Conversion Team’s mandate to generate actionable, evidence-based insight and ideas for creative, content, and technical teams and for contributing to strategy development across networks, channels, and tactics on an ongoing basis, and to test the executions of these things via experimentation in real time;
- Assist with the analysis of sales reports and gathering key insights for optimizing advertiser placements and performance;
- Support the development, execution and alignment of the annual conversion roadmap for various web properties;
- Assist in creating and improving processes and methods for socializing, cross-pollinating and scaling the deployment of best practice learnings across different stakeholder groups, departments, and lines of business.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent experience;
- 1+ year working in conversion optimization, digital marketing, UX or other comparable experience, preferably in a B2C context;
- Ability to understand and work with the unique needs and perspectives of designers, developers, and writers and to “meet people where they’re at”;
- Agency or multi-client / multi-project experience an asset;
- Experience working in an Agile environment an asset;
- As someone who optimizes and enhances, your analytical and Excel skills are sharp and you know how to gather, combine, scrub, pivot, analyze and socialize complex data in the form of intuitive insights and visual representations;
- You have a knack for using tools to save time and increase efficiency:
o Comfortable with the Google suite of tools, especially Analytics;
o Experience with or ability to learn Google Optimize, Tag Manager, Search Console, Query Report an asset;
o Familiarity or willingness to learn landing page and/or A/B testing platforms an asset;
o Familiarity with WordPress, Drupal and Django an asset;
- Experience working in affiliate marketing an asset;
- An interest in or experience with Metadata creation, use, analysis and reporting, machine learning, AI, & personalization strategies and tactics considered an asset, though not required.