Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager (DMM), the Digital Marketing Specialist (DMS) is responsible for managing and delivering marketing initiatives that will enable the business to meet commercial targets. The DMS will work closely with the DMM to help develop high-level strategic opportunities and then transform them into effective and measurable marketing actions.
You are proactive and passionate about brand marketing and extremely organized with a very good understanding of digital marketing. You must be able to work with cross-functional teams (internal & external), manage conflicting priorities and deal with some ambiguity. You will be measured on your ability to drive revenue-generating customer activity by developing compelling digital marketing activities that target multiple consumer segments across the customer journey.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Collaborate with the DMM to strategize, plan, deploy and measure consumer-centric marketing initiatives that deliver the brand plan;
- Work cross-functionally with other stakeholders to ensure initiatives strategically reach all consumer touch points;
- Manage implementation and oversee the execution of marketing initiatives;
- Understand the marketing budgets and identify areas of overspend;
- Ensure timelines are followed to meet all expected deliverables;
- Review marketing materials to ensure accuracy and that all specified requirements are met;
- Ensure measurement of marketing initiatives is reported and distributed;
- Provide status updates on your brand’s world view (internal and external);
- Systematically review earned and owned properties to ensure accurate and current content is being displayed correctly;
- Manage and communicate risks or dependencies on initiatives and their projects, and ensure that solutions are deployed to get back on track;
- Be accountable for project execution and deliverables;
- Report, share, and archive initiative retrospective of successes, learnings and areas that require future improvement.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience;
- 2-4 years of account or campaign management or other relevant experience – experience managing campaigns is a prerequisite;
- 1-2 years of experience working in digital marketing;
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment;
- Detail-obsessed, highly organized and driven to develop, plan, and communicate complex marketing activities;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strong attention to details and adherence to deadlines;
- Experience with SEO (SEMrush, Moz, Ahrefs) and Analytics (Google Analytics) tools considered an asset;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Passionate about building consumer-centric branded experiences.